The Detent Saver Installation tool is the last tool you will ever need for takedown pin installation. This small single piece tool will allow you hassle free installation of your front takedown pin. By design this tool captures the system with minimal pressure initially. This tool was designed help builders of all skill levels.
Over the years I have heard more launched detent story’s than I can remember. When I was first getting started building, I too lost a few detents. This issue has been ongoing for years in the broader community. I decided it was time for a tool that simply made this part of installation a breeze. I am happy to say this is the best tool I have ever used for this job. I looked at everything that was available on the market and feel that this design is truly a step forward in comparison.
I hope this tool helps many folks with this operation for years to come.
PATENT PENDING: Detent Saver Installation Tool, Designed by Curtis Obst 2022
Manufactured in the USA.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Insert Spring into the lower receiver
- Use the pocket in the nose of the tool (non-magnetic end) to install the detent far enough into its pocket to allow the tool to move forward into the takedown pin hole.
- Push the Detent Saver through the takedown pin holes until the magnetic face is flush with the surface of the takedown pin hole.
- Place your takedown pin on the detent saver.
- Keep pressure on the detent saver on the exit side and push your takedown pin into place.
Note: It is advised to keep a finger on the Takedown pin on the side opposing the detent as the spring and detent will be at their highest pressure during the tool to pin transition.
DETENT SAVER VIDEO BY @bunny_operator
Skip to 1:20 to see the detent saver in action with a detailed explanation.